Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy Busy Weekend

This weekend was such a wonderful time for Josh and I. His parents came into town on Friday and got to stay and visit until Sunday night. We started our weekend extravaganza with a trip to Tazikis and then we spend the rest of the night talking and just enjoying each other. I truly love Josh's parents, they are so much fun and it's like being with my own parents. On Saturday Tina and I made rehearsal dinner plans and then that night it was time for the Tool & Pantry Party at the Lovoy's house. Now, when the Lovoys throw a party, they throw a party. I was not surprised at all by the absolutely beautiful and delicious setup that they had prepared for everyone.
The dessert table was epic to say the least. It consisted of two types of brownies, a huge assortment of fruit, banana pudding, ice cream, cinnamon rolls, pretzels, whip cream, all sorts of syrups and of course, cherries.


To go along with our burgers and hot dogs we had a huge variety of chips and dips. 

Casey, John, and Sharon Lovoy are officially my party host heroes.

I had such a good time hanging out with all of my awesome friends and family!

We got a ton of gifts, including 6 hammers! Josh was so excited to get some of the tools that he registered for, and now I can start making him a list of things that I want him to build! :)

Two of my best friends just got engaged! Abby and Daniel are going to be such a beautiful married couple and I am truly and deeply excited for them.

On Sunday morning we had a lot more festivities to partake in. At Riverchase, Josh had his Ordination Ceremony, which was one of the sweetest services that I have ever taken part in. He is truly loved by his church family and in turn they have accepted me as one of their own without reservations. During the service I realized the true depth of Josh's calling to ministry and now, my calling. I am so excited to minister with him and looking forward to all of the opportunities to serve the Lord!

I am so proud of Josh! He is officially a pastor! And after our amazing ordination ceremony the church had a wonderful carry in dinner and a wedding shower for us! I cannot believe how loved and blessed we are!!! I hope that you are feeling equally blessed! More festivities coming up this week and we are officially 2 weeks and 5 days until wedding extravaganza!! Go love on somebody! love, e

No comments:

Post a Comment