Monday, July 11, 2011

Counting down, but loving these days

Since returning home I have taken on the huge duties that come along with planning a wedding. I think we've moved rapidly from the planning to the doing stage. Mom and I have gathered everything from flowers to thank you cards. I am definitely a big idea person, so trying to decide on all of the little details is pretty difficult to me. I know how I want our wedding to feel, I just can't tell you if that translates into chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. Thank goodness for my Mom! She is so wonderful and organized. I would be getting married in the back yard in 100 degree heat wearing a thrift store wedding dress and having little debbie cakes at my reception if it weren't for my sweet mama.
We have gotten a lot done wedding wise in the past weeks since I've gotten home, but thankfully I have had plenty of chances to hang out with friends and family! Here are a couple of shots from my weeks back in America! 

On the 4th of July we had a cookout at Katie's house and the rained calmed down long enough for us to enjoy some fireworks downtown.

I had such a wonderful time hanging out with two of my besties and also bridesmaids! So excited to have Valerie as the final member of my all-star bm team!


This is Lauren, one of the youth girls from Riverchase showing off her blanket-toga.

Some more lovely Riverchase ladies that we met up with downtown to watch fireworks.



My new family, Jewel and Kevin...
I absolutely loved Independence Day! This was the first 4th of July that I have spent at home in probably 4 years. I t was so pleasant to relax with a group of friends and eat a plethra of delicious food. USA.




    After enjoying some days resting and hanging out by the pool I hit the ground running getting ready for the wedding. This sunday we had our first shower at my home church. 




















































Katie is a super Maid of Honor! She has been so helpful and just plain awesome during the months of our engagement. This is her displaying the amazingly classy and hilarious lingerie shower invitations.

Of course if you have a wedding shower to go to shopping is a must. Mom and I ventured to Belk and I think I tried on every size 4 in the store.

After much deliberation Mom and I decided on these two absolutely adorable dresses. I was so excited to go shopping with Mom, just spending time with her has been wonderful.

Another fun activity for summertime that Josh did with his youth was a "gutter sunday". This delicious treat consists of a rain gutter filled with ice cream and topped with chocolate syrup, cookies, bananas, whip cream, and of course sprinkles. The youth loved it and many of them ended up with more toppings on their faces that in their ice cream.

Finally, a shot of Josh and I on the 4th of July. He's got his serious face on :) Can't wait to marry this amazing man! Only 26 days! Enjoy your summer and I hope that you are making the most of eveyday day! I have a lot of fun events coming up! I can't believe how busy life gets! But, I am making sure that I take time everyday to think about how stinking blessed I am. I hope you'll do the same! love , e  

No comments:

Post a Comment