Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Musical Madness

There are several bands that have been tickling my ears lately. Here are a few songs that will make your summer come a little faster! :)
"5 years time"-Noah and the whale  This song has the potential to turn a terrible-no-good-day into a day where you're laughing and holding hands with your enemies. Just an all around happy piece of music.

"No one's gonna love you"-Band of Horses Probably my favorite band right now apart from Mumford. This song is so sweet and I wouldn't suggest putting it on a mix cd for someone unless you really like them!      

"Rolling in the deep"-Adele Adele is a large British woman with a big ole' voice. Every time I hear her soulful tones I get chills. She makes me wish I could belt it out. (sometimes I do, but only in the shower. Thanks, Adele for the inspiration!)

"Blessed"- Brett Dennen Who can resist a redhead with a quirky voice? Brett Dennen has a simple acoustic sound that is easy to listen to and hard to forget.   

"Winter Winds"-Mumford&Sons This song is my official life theme music. If I could have it played everywhere I go, I would. Love Mumford. what else can be said?! 

"Barton Hollow"- The Civil Wars This duo has more stage presence than any performer I have ever seen. When I saw them at Workplay in February I was convinced that they were madly in love , but found out later that they're both married (to different people.) I was pretty disappointed, but that doesn't change the fact that they have an awesome folky sound that will make break out the suspenders and go down to the river.

Hope you have a wonderful day! Don't forget to love on someone today! -e





No comments:

Post a Comment