Sunday, June 12, 2011

Busy Week: Tico Style

My 2nd week of school started with a wonderful class picnic, then on Wednesday we took another field trip to the Teatro Nacional (National Theatre)( This is considered to be the jewel of San Jose..which in my book is not saying much. This city is pretty sketch and dirty. But after visiting it's jewel it made sense. The theatre is pretty gorgeous.)


This week has been a little bit rough, considering my home sickness and having class for 5 hours straight kind of makes ripping every hair out of my head seem like a pleasant idea. But, I refuse to be negative. (sort of...) After a long week (ironically only 3 days of classes , but really I think I aged dramatically.) we got a group together and decided to go to the beach. Not just any beach, but Santa Theresa, Mal País. This little beach town is home to some of the trendiest hostels and cafes and any kind of surfer you can imagine. The trip to this magical place took about 7 hours (crazy..I know). We took a taxi, a charter bus, a ferry, the same charter bus, a rather rickety bus, and finally walked 30 minutes to our bungalow. Although this may seem like a crazy thing to do just to go to the beach, but after arriving the first night I realized that it was so incredibly worth it.

On Friday night we spent a good deal of time at the beach and let me tell you, I have never been so shocked by scenery before in my entire 21 years of life. These pictures do not do this beach any justice! We I walked out onto the beach I was just in awe of the magnitude of this ocean.
We had an amazing open air bathroom. So, I got to shower outside! So cool!

This is a theme in Costa Rica and a very hard habit to break.

Out open air bungalow, it was so amazing to sleep in, especially when it rained.

Our view from the balcony.

Costa Rica has some pretty rough waves.

Our bungalow, the Funky Monkey.

When Lynnae was taking our picture a dog decided to go to the bathroom on her leg.



Lynnae fussing at the dog.

Jumping Photo Try #1

Jumping Try #3

Final Jumping Try.
All in all a great weekend. Ready for week #3!

2 comments:

  1. tehe- great post Emily! I'm stealing a couple pics- hope that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you deserve a break. A tornado, a mugging--somehow a little weekend was what the dr. ordered!

    ReplyDelete