Monday, June 6, 2011

Costa Rica: A day at the park

Today my teacher decided to take us to the park! We took about 3 different buses to get there and hiked a giant hill, but when we arrived it was totally worth the trek. We went swimming, got in the hot tub, and had an authentic Costa Rican Meal. It consisted of pico de gallo con mango y sin mango. Also, I had my first authentic tamale ( it was pretty gross). It was some spices and rice packed in a flour/water mixture and then wrapped in a banana leaf and steamed. Very interesting. And of course the meal contained rice and beans. After our lunch we played soccer and knocked mangoes out of trees.                                                         

Some of the lovely ladies from my class and our awesome teacher Sandra Li in the middle.



Costa Rica has the most beautiful plants!











Have to go to dinner now. I have gotten used to eating dinner at about 6:15 and get so excited to see our favorite telenovella, María Isabel. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Go love on somebody!
con mucho amor,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. coool! I love reading your blog:) And it always makes me happy to hear about you and Claire and your telenovela. haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete