Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Costa Rica: Day 6

Today was a normal day in Costa Rica. I'm still trying very hard to get used to all of the differences. My Spanish is definitely picking up, but I'm still having trouble understanding some things. Today we ate at the UCR cafeteria and I looked around the table and everyone had plates full of delicious looking sandwiches or burgers, even some magnificent salads. Then, I looked at my plate, rice, black beans, and some mystery meat. (the mystery was that it wasn't actually meat, only bones and fat. delish.) So, I pretended to enjoy and vowed that tomorrow I will actually pay attention to the menu so that I won't covet my neighbors food.

Besides the great lunch fiasco I am feeling slightly better about San Jose. I think Claire and I are still slightly jaded towards Ticos. We had another semi-scary moment today trying to figure out which bus to take home. But, I can proudly say that we found our bus, caught it, and got off on the right stop , and we didn't get mugged! PTL!
Since I am in such a good mood about not getting robbed I'll share some pictures from today.
Claire and I were supper blessed this week! One of her dad's friends was traveling to San Jose and he was able to bring us a bag of sweet loot. Claire's mom, being the angel that she is, bought us all of the beautiful and incredibly necessary items. Christmas in June!

Since it rains almost everyday this is how I have started drying my clothes.

My room


Today we took a class field trip to the Museo Nacional, here are some Costa Rican items that I saw.






Ticos








I hope that you have a great week! Don't forget to love on someone!
Tuanis!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment