Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Peeling off the dragon skin

I have been pretty out of sorts during my time in Costa Rica. Tonight I found myself completely baffled as to why I am even here. I even asked the Lord, "God, what am I doing here?!". I have been robbed, physically and emotionally drained, and completely put out by the stress that I've encountered. But when I went to the Lord what did I find? Joy, of course! It frustrates me that I didn't run to Him sooner. He desires the sacrifice of thanksgiving. That is not only when things are jolly-skippy, but when I can't possibly feel thankful.
Tonight, I came to the Lord with no joy at all and now am resting in His overwhelmingly joyous presence!
"I will offer you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord." -Psalm 116:17
"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord Answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side, I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes." -Psalm 118:4-9

God has a way of peeling off my dragon skin and then covering me with the balm of His presence.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I will say Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:4-8

I do not claim to be in a constant state of thanksgiving, but I do know when I call to the Lord, He answers. He is not harsh, nor is He condescending. I am here because He wants to draw me to Himself. Praise the Lord that He desires relationships with His children and loves us enough to seek us.
Tonight, I am resting in the joy of salvation. I am so thankful for the bad things because, if anything, they are what brings me to the table of the Lord.
-em

No comments:

Post a Comment