Saturday, June 25, 2011

Costa Rica: El Día de la Adventura

Yesterday was probably one of the most fun days I have ever had! Claire and I decided to go on a super Costa Rican adventure (all by ourselves!). We went on a combo tour that included whitewater rafting and canopying (ziplining).  Since this was going to be my last adventure in Costa Rica, we decided that it better be big and let me tell you, it was amazing! Not only did we get to experience some of the most beautiful scenery in the country we got to raft and fly through the jungle! And to top it all off, I conquered a major fear of heights!

All geared up and ready to go (sort of!)

What you don't see in this picture is my shear terror!

We saw a sloth! So slow, but so adorable!

After a couple of times I finally got comfortable.

So crazy, I can't believe Claire convinced me to do it!

By the last course I felt pretty confident!

Met this gigantic spider during lunch!

We were very blessed weather-wise yesterday! Rained as soon as we finished ziplining!

Crazy-adventurous-sunburnt-wild-women

All in all my time in Costa Rica has been pretty crazy. I still can't believe that I have only been here a month.  I have a theory that Costa Rican time is very similar to Narnia time. But, I can say that I have learned a lot being here. I have conquered my fear of Spanish, heights, and ladrones. I acquired a love for plantains, smoothies, and a sweet little Tican family. I can ride the bus by myself and find my way around a pretty scary city.
I realized this morning over breakfast that I have spent pretty much every hour of the day with Claire. We have gone absolutely everywhere together this month, even class! I am ready to go home, but I wish I could take Claire with me! The thought of leaving her is making me pretty sad. I don't what I am going to do when I go out to eat, who will split everything with me?! But, seriously, I am so so so thankful that I got to experience this month with one of the coolest and most precious friend that I have.
Well, that is that for my Costa Rican adventure! Today, Claire and I are going to graduation and then I leave bright and early tomorrow morning! Can't wait to be home, I'm never going to eat rice again. :)
Thanks for keeping up with me here, and get excited for wedding extravaganza!
Go love on someone!
-e

1 comment:

  1. I COMPLETELY agree with the comparison to Narnia time. I'm so glad you enjoyed your last adventure! And I'm also really glad that you and Claire have had each other:) What a blessing. I love you both, and Emily I hope you have safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete